About the role
As the Head of Web Design you will be the primary liaison for the day-to-day execution of web production. Along with this, you will be responsible for obtaining customer input and preparing briefs and quotes, as well as acting as a source of information to various departments for all matters relating to the Web Department.
You love dealing with small to large businesses, and working with business owners to achieve their goals.
You will be required to help manage a large and diverse range of projects, and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure the delivery of each project is successful.
Primary tasks & Responsibilities:
- Represent all brands appropriately
- Manage customer contact actively and pro-actively, handle questions and requests
- Handle inbound and outbound calls and emails
- Gather assets for projects from clients
- Successfully obtain customer briefs/inputs and prepare these for internal production of websites and landing pages
- Create briefs for copywriters and designers
- Perform work quality assessments and feedback, to ensure highest quality standards
- Project management and tracking through our internal system, to ensure projects are on time and on budget.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and the ability to Q and A.
- Demonstrate strong understanding and interest in web, mobile, video and social media technologies and capabilities
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others and take on responsibility in an open team environment
- Experience leading a team
- Strong organisational skills
- Demonstrate project management skills and ability to multi-task (Scrum experience would be a real plus)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle a number of projects at once
- 5+ years solid commercial experience in designing/developing modern responsive websites with wordpress
- A great understanding of functional UX design including responsive
- Motivated team player with a positive attitude great and communications skills.
- Up to date with modern design/web dev technologies and have a genuine passion for the industry.
- Basic copywriting knowledge or experience will be looked upon favourably
If you think you meet these specs and you’re inspired to join a dynamic company that is growing rapidly, we’d love to see your application letter and resume.
Samuel Junghenn is the Managing Director of Think Big Online and has over 10 years experience in Online Marketing. He is passionate about building businesses using the power of automation and the Internet along with the thrill of motor racing.