Ecommerce success depends on several factors,and design is a prominent one. The sumptuous design makes online storefront alluring and engaging for visitors and convert more visitors into the loyal shoppers forever.
Here is the eCommerce Design infographic developed by Magneto IT Solutions:
Why Design Matters?
If we look at the recent surveys and their outcomes on the web, we can say the design of ecommerce store has a pivotal role to make the online business viable. The statistics also reveal that what works and what not. Let’s see it.
- Within 10 seconds nearly 66% of ecommerce visitors leave the store if they found ecommerce design layout ugly or dull.
- 91% of mobile users expect ecommerce with responsive web design because 68% of online shoppers are coming from mobile devices, which is a big volume of overall traffic.
- 78% of ecommerce shoppers opined that ecommerce conversion rate could boost up to 17% if the right combination of color and font styles applied.
- 84% of customers expressed their desires that it proves convenient for them when they find things on expected places on ecommerce websites. It means they are looking for standard web design conventions to follow by ecommerce web designers.
Must-Have Features for Ecommerce Website
To make ecommerce design a success, a design team has to consider the best user experiences, usability, and performance like several factors. These all come with following advanced ecommerce design practices.
There are some must-have ecommerce design features. If we place those basic and advanced features on the right location of a web page layout, particularly, on homepage design, we can attain our goals of traffic and conversion easily. Let’s see that list of features in brief.
- Search box
- Shopping cart, contact number, login, and wish-list icons
- Call to action (CTA)
- Key selling points
- Featured product
- Recommended products
- Shop by category
- Shop by occasions
- Rating & Reviews
- Textual Content
- Newsletter sign up
- One section in footer containing links to the following significant pages:
- Terms & conditions
- The second section in the footershould consist of:
- Shipping policy
- Intellectual property rights
- The third section in the footer:
- Contact us
- Contact info with a physical address, email address, phone number, and social media logos
Ecommerce Design Trends
Recently, the advent of mobile & Internet technologies has enabled ecommerce designers to design complex and advanced online business websites with intense customization and personalization by following some peculiar design trends.
Dynamic UI design using AJAX-like asynchronous technologies.
Unified pages with a consistent design provide seamless user experiences.
Experiments on designing to implement various ideas make ecommerce design unique and innovative.
Material Design & Gradients:
Google has brought advanced design concept by offering Material Design platform with adequate design elements and code snippets in the libraries. Thus, ecommerce designer can design a highly advanced ecommerce store using Material Design components and gradients.
90% of all shoppers prefer responsive web design because 70% of online shoppers are shopping using mobile devices. Therefore, the mobile-first approach is only the way to meet their expectations and provide the excellent user experiences.
Personal approaches win more conversations than the general attitude. The same marketing truth is applicable for online business and ecommerce web designers have to include more personalization using the latest technologies and designing practices.
These are tips of the iceberg hidden under the water. If you are going to design your online storefront, come in contact with a powerful and experienced ecommerce designing team at Magneto IT Solutions. You will get perfect guidance and the opportunity to hire an impeccable ecommerce design team.
Guest Post Author Bio:
Ronak Meghani is a co-founder of Magento IT Solution Pvt Ltd, A Leading eCommerce Development Company in USA and India. He is closely working with e-Commerce ventures since 2009 and he has helped 200+ brands for building / improving their online ventures. You can follow him at Quora or Linkedin.
Results oriented Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Online Marketing Strategist with over 10 years of professional experience. Had helped numerous businesses across Australia in terms of leveraging their SEO / Internet Mareketing campaigns and guiding them to success using effective and white hat methodologies.